THE ART OF MORE, AN EXCLUSIVE AUCTION EXPERIENCE CONTEST
By sending an entry and therefore participating in The Art of More, An Exclusive Auction Experience Contest, each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to be bound by any decisions made by SONY CHANNEL ASIA (the "Channel") including any interpretations of these Official Rules.
In order to enter, each participant must enter the contest website at www.sonychannelasia.com/TAOMGame ("Contest Website"), submit the following information and agree to the Official Rules:
The participant's full name, email address, a log-in password and country of residence.
The contest period begins on 28 April 2016, 6.00pm Singapore time ("SIN") and ends on 26 May 2016, 11.59pm SIN. Participants will have the opportunity to win a prize via a live auction that will commence at 9.50pm SIN of every Thursday during the contest period.
HOW TO PLAY:
Participants will have the opportunity to win a prize each week of the contest period by participating in a live auction via the Contest Website. The time and date of each live auction are as follows:
- 9.50 pm SIN on Thursday 28 April 2016
- 9.50 pm SIN on Thursday 5 May 2016
- 9.50 pm SIN on Thursday 12 May 2016
- 9.50 pm SIN on Thursday 19 May 2016
- 9.50 pm SIN on Thursday 26 May 2016
To participate in the auction, participants need to earn credits which can be used to bid for prizes. Credits may be earned in the following ways:
- By watching each episode of "The Art of More" that is broadcast during the contest period, logging into contest website and correctly entering the code that appears in the top left corner of the screen (the "Weekly Code") by no later than 11.59pm SIN of the last air date of the relevant episode;
- By logging into the contest website and submitting the correct answers to Weekly Questions that are released at 12pm SIN on every Wednesday during contest period by no later than 11.59pm SIN of the last air date of the relevant episode.
The number of credits earned from correctly entering the Weekly Code may be different to the number of credits earned from correctly answering the Weekly Questions. The number of credits available each week may also vary.
Participants may use any or all of the credits accumulated before the start of a live auction in that auction.
Each bid submitted must be 50 credits higher than the current highest bid and must be submitted before the remaining time on the bid count-down clock reaches zero. The bid count-down clock will count down for 1 minute each time a valid bid is submitted. Participants that don't have sufficient credits to place a bid 50 credits higher than the current highest bid will not be able to submit a bid. For example, if the current highest bid is 500 credits, the participant will have to bid 550 credits before the time remaining on the bid count-down clock reaches zero in order to outbid the current highest bid. A participant can roll over all of his/her credits, other than those used in a winning bid, to the next live auction during the contest period. All credits remaining at the end of the contest period will automatically expire.
All entries must be submitted in accordance with these Official Rules within the contest period to be eligible. Participants can participate in one or more live auctions, but will be entitled to win one prize only.
The Channel reserves the right to disqualify any entry without prior notice for any reason, including but not limited to if the Channel is notified or made aware that such entry violates the rights of any person whomsoever or is not in compliance with these Official Rules or any government regulations.
The Channel may reschedule any timing(s) as a result of any unforeseen circumstances or situations, including but not limited to any change arising from the Channel's programming schedule. In the event of such change to the timing(s), the Channel will update such change on the contest page as soon as reasonably practicable. The Channel shall not be liable or responsible for any loss arising from such change.
The winner of any live auction shall be the participant with the highest bid when the time remaining on the bid count-down clock reaches zero. The prize winner of each live auction will also be announced on the Channel's official Facebook page 1 day after the end of the live auction, but the Channel will only notify all winners on 1 June 2016 of the details for prize collection.
The decisions of the Channel's representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the contest.
|1||Luxurious Five-Star Fine Dining Experience for 2 persons worth USD 500|
|2||Luxurious Spa Package for 2 persons worth USD 400|
|3||Seiko Prospex Automatic Diver's 200m Watch worth USD 460|
|4||Sony PlayStation® 4 worth USD 500|
|5||Sony Cyber-shot RX100 IV 20.1 Megapixel Camera (DSC-RX100M4) worth USD 1,000|
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS:
- Participants must be citizens or legal residents of Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand.
- Participants can be of any age. Participants below 18 years old as of the start of the contest period must seek consent from their parent or legal guardian (‘Guardian') prior to participating and each Guardian who provides such consent must, in addition, warrant and undertake that he/she is the legal guardian of the participant, that he/she will comply with the Official Rules, and that he/she will ensure that the participant complies with and performs the participant's obligations under the Official Rules. Each Guardian agrees to provide such warranty and undertaking in writing where requested by the Channel.
- Employees, agents, branches and promoters (including their immediate family members) of SPE Networks - Asia Pte. Ltd. and each of their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the contest, are not permitted to participate in the contest.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives are not responsible for any loss of entries due to any problems caused by telephone lines or systems or internet service providers, for entries received after the deadline as a consequence of telephone or internet service delays, interruptions, failures or overloads, or for lost, stolen, misdirected, misplaced or postage-due entries. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Where a contest requires the participant to submit any content, by sending a submission, each participant agrees to the following eligibility requirements:
- No submission shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, the sponsors of this contest, the Channel or any of the Channel's affiliates;
- No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party's name, logo, trademark or service mark in any submission or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any submission;
- The participant has received permission from any person whose likeness appears in the submission, or from such person's parent or legal guardian if such person is under 18;
- No submission shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated content, or be invasive of another's privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or other dissemination for public viewing, all of the above as determined by the Channel in its sole discretion;
- No submission shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- All rights in and to the submission (excluding references to the sponsors of this contest, if any, the Channel or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant.
- By participating in the contest, except where prohibited by applicable mandatory law, each participant hereby grants to the Channel, its affiliates, successors, licensees, assignees and the Channel's authorized designees, a perpetual, fully-paid, royalty-free, transferable, fully sublicenseable, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, adapt, translate, reproduce, edit, modify, create derivative works from, combine with other works, post, transmit, perform, display, publish, communicate, communicate to the public, broadcast, reformat, make available, disseminate, distribute, and/or otherwise aurally and/or visually exploit (any one or more of the foregoing referred to as "Use") the submission (if applicable), and the participant's name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, performance, rendering, signature, silhouette, sounds and/or biographical data contained therein and/or in the registration information accompanying the participant's contest entry, in any media, manner, technology or content delivery mechanism now known or hereinafter devised, for any purpose, including, without limitation, in connection with the contest, its administration, judging, advertising and/or publicity, and in connection with the promotion, advertising, publicity and/or other exploitation of the Channel, without the necessity of further consent or additional consideration.
- By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to sign any further documentation requested by the Channel consistent with these Official Rules.
- Each prize winner will be contacted by email to arrange for prize collection. Each selected entrant must confirm acceptance immediately with the Channel. If the Channel does not receive an answer from a selected entrant within one (1) working day after initial contact is made by the Channel, except when such period is extended pursuant to local law or the Channel's sole discretion, such entrant may be disqualified. If a selected entrant is disqualified for this or any other reason, such as being found ineligible or failing to comply with these Official Rules, then the first alternate will be selected instead, as will each of the subsequent alternates until all selections have been made. The Channel and its agents, affiliates and/or representatives will use their best efforts to contact selected entrants but will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever if selected entrants cannot be reached by email within the one (1) day period. Selected entries do not become official until all entries are validated. All decisions of the Channel are final and irrevocable.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, negotiated, refunded or exchanged, and by no means will a cash equivalent be given, except that Channel reserves the right, in Channel's sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Only a selected entrant and not any other person or agent, may claim a selection. Selected entrants will need to present proof of identification in the event of selection.
- Awarding of the prize(s) shall be conditioned upon the winner and his/her guest signing an Indemnity and Release of Claims form provided by the Channel, which shall release the Channel and any other applicable contest sponsor of all liability, to the extent permitted by law. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by the Channel may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- All selections will be made pursuant to these Official Rules. All taxes in connection with selections are the sole responsibility of each selected entrant, unless provided otherwise in accordance with applicable law and regulations.
- The Indemnified Parties (as defined hereunder) make no representation, warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, fitness for any purpose or non-infringement.
- Each participant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors, if any, and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest (collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") from any and all claims, damages, losses, demands, causes of action, proceedings, expenses, and/or liabilities resulting or arising from or connected with, or claimed to have arisen, resulted from or be connected with: (i) the participant's submission, participation, attempt to participate, or inability to participate, in the contest; (ii) submission and/or Use by the Indemnified Parties of any submission (and/or any parts thereof); (iii) the participant's failure to comply with any one or more of the Official Rules or any applicable laws, rules or regulations; (iv) the unauthorized use by the participant of, as applicable, the name, likeness, voice, work product, brand, trademark, logo of any person or entity; (v) the breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation (including, without limitation any eligibility-related representation) or covenant made by the participant in connection with the contest; (vi) acceptance and/or use of any prize, if any; (vii) any right or benefit granted by the participant to the Channel in connection with the contest; and/or (viii) the participant's negligence, willful misconduct, violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or these Official Rules, or his or her violation of any third party's intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other right.
- Participants release the Channel and its divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and agents, including without limitation, Sony Corporation, Sony Corporation of America, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., CPT Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agencies and branches, as well as all contest sponsors and all others associated with the development and execution of this contest, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this contest and the awarding and use, misuse or possession of any prizes, including liability for personal injury, except where prohibited or limited by law.
- This contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to choice of law principles. All actions or proceedings arising in connection with, touching upon or relating to this contest, the breach thereof and/or the scope of the provisions of this section shall be submitted to the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the "SIAC") for final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre to be held in Singapore, in the English language, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. Prior to the appointment of the arbitrator or for remedies beyond the jurisdiction of the arbitrator, the Channel and/or SPE Networks - Asia Pte. Ltd. may seek equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction in Singapore or such other court that may have jurisdiction over the participant, without thereby waiving its right to arbitration of the dispute or controversy under this paragraph.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
- Please forward any questions or comments regarding the contest to the following address:
SPE Networks – Asia Pte. Ltd.
10 Changi Business Park Central 2